• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedmachine

Hi there,

This looks like just the thing Ive been after to get some googlebase feeds up and onto froogle. Any chance of some install instructions please? @D

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi,

You do not really need any install instructions for this file, open the file and read the comments that the author has put in there.

I only have one issue with it, for some reason no matter what save location I use it throughs back an error:

The SAVE_LOCATION directory: feeds/ does not exist in /home/mobiacc/public_html/. Please create this directory or change the path to an existing directory

I have set the permissions of this folder to 777 and still nothing :blink:

I hope the author is going to support his work as I have been after a decent kelkoo feed for ages.

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

I had the same problem as you Mark with that error, Have you created a feeds directory and set a chmod to 777 on it?

My error is now the following

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysqli_num_fields() in /home/specialt/public_html/thermaltech/shop/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 392"

I assume that I call this script directly and not through the admin side of OSC?

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi Mark,

Ok the only way I could get around the error was to comment out this line

//chdir('..');

I now get the same error as you, it looks like there is a function missing that needs adding. I will pm this thread to the author and see if he can shed any light on our problem.

Mark

Apologies: I reconfigured osc to use the mysqli functions instead of the mysql functions. The mysqli_num_fields() was hardcoded into the script because it was not available as a wrapper function.

The solution is simple: change every instance "mysqli" to "mysql". There are only two:

mysqli_num_fields -> mysql_num_fields

mysqli_fetch_field -> mysql_fetch_field

Regarding the other problems: ensure that the save location is the path relative to your catalog directory (not admin directory). If you still have problems, find "$save_path" in the script and set it manually to the full path of your feeds directory.

Also make sure this script itself is put in your admin directory not the main catalog directory. The reason for this is to prevent just anyone from being able to run this script.

Lech

Hi Lech,

Thank you for the support!

It works like a charm now, now to test it against the new googlebase setup for froogle.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Lech,

Okay froogle throughs out every single product in my feed with this error

Any ideas? (just let me know if you want me to start posting in the official thread)

Thanks

Mark

• 2 years later...

Hi Lech,

any ideas how to get the prices with the vat(tax) ??? Except this the contribution works great and i'm really happy with it, but unfortunately it's no use as the prices are showing wrong at the moment:(