• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOST UPGRADE

marjsue

My first post! My hosting service recently "changed platforms" and made all changes to make site operable. Now when trying to view products in the catalog, am getting "product not found," categories will not pull up, and customers cannot sign into accounts. What type of problem does this sound like? Is it something I can fix? They have had a ticket on it for over a week and still no resolution, and I have no idea where to start. Am not just a newbie, but an "embryo."

If a fix is available to me, please let me know where and what can be changed to get up and running again.

Check here if you need to:

Marj's Quilt Fabrics Etc

Any help is much appreciated (and have found nothing similar by searching the forum). MarjSue

My first post! My hosting service recently "changed platforms" and made all changes to make site operable. Now when trying to view products in the catalog, am getting "product not found," categories will not pull up, and customers cannot sign into accounts. What type of problem does this sound like? Is it something I can fix? They have had a ticket on it for over a week and still no resolution, and I have no idea where to start. Am not just a newbie, but an "embryo."

If a fix is available to me, please let me know where and what can be changed to get up and running again.

Check here if you need to:

Marj's Quilt Fabrics Etc

Any help is much appreciated (and have found nothing similar by searching the forum). MarjSue

Have you tried to re-install your database.

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks--am up and running now. Also had to change cache setting and search friendly URLs. Appreciate your help.

MarjSue

MarjSue,

Can you please share how you changed the cache settings and search friendly urls? Like, what exactly did you do? I am encountering this same problem but so far haven't had any replies on how to fix it. My host recently made changes as well.

Thank you for your time.

Autumn

MarjSue,

Can you please share how you changed the cache settings and search friendly urls? Like, what exactly did you do? I am encountering this same problem but so far haven't had any replies on how to fix it. My host recently made changes as well.

Thank you for your time.

Autumn

MarjSue,

Thank you for your time.

Autumn

Login into Admin, click Configuration, My Store, highlight "Use Search Engine-Safe URLs (8th up from bottom), click Edit, pick False, click Update.

Still in Admin, click "Cache" under Configuration, Highlight "Use cache," edit, click True, then update.

I have no idea why this would work, but so far it has.

Hope this helps. If this does not do the trick for you, let me know and I can search my memory bank to see if there are steps to take.

MarjSue

Archived