• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS missing?

jasonabc

Hey guys - I just downloaded the latest release (2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113) and the UPS shipping module is missing (/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php).

Any ideas when and why this was taken out? I used an older release to pop it back up but not sure if it's an error that it's missing or the Dev Team made a conscious decision to remove it.

thanks

Jason

Edited by jasonabc

Hey Rhea - thanks for the heads up. Can we still continue to use the UPS module from older versions or is UPS "off limits" for OSC in general now? Is there any more info about this topic anywhere on the forums or the web?

thanks v. much

• 1 year later...
Hey Rhea - thanks for the heads up. Can we still continue to use the UPS module from older versions or is UPS "off limits" for OSC in general now? Is there any more info about this topic anywhere on the forums or the web?

thanks v. much

Jason asks a very reasonable question, but gets no response. I, too, am interested in the answer.

Jason asks a very reasonable question, but gets no response. I, too, am interested in the answer.

Yes, or at least update your documentation to explain that it will not work with UPS and why, as I wouldn't have used it if I'd known this before downloading, I did search for this and found that yes, it will work fine with UPS.

I find it hard to believe they'd wish to be removed from the circle of available carriers for an open source shopping cart system... There must be more to it than just wanting to control their name... Seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, or at least update your documentation to explain that it will not work with UPS and why, as I wouldn't have used it if I'd known this before downloading, I did search for this and found that yes, it will work fine with UPS.

I find it hard to believe they'd wish to be removed from the circle of available carriers for an open source shopping cart system... There must be more to it than just wanting to control their name... Seriously.

I agree. The documentation is misleading. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out where this module was because the documentation talks about it.

Or just add the module back and make everyone happy :thumbsup: (except UPS) :-"