• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Box Using Firefox

I uninstalled Firefox yesterday, as I was having some computer problems related to it.

Of course, today I get an email from a customer saying "You might be interested in knowing that I am unable to use the Search function at the site because it will not let me select the search text box with my mouse. I had to tab through all the products down the left side to get to this box. I am using Firefox."

I recently tested the search box with all browsers. Could someone who uses Firefox please check this out for me, since I can't reinstall Firefox right now, and let me know if it is working or not. I appreciate your help.

My Site

I see that you have disabled right clicks. When I added a similar contribution to my site if effected the search function for Firefox users.

Yes, I know that about Firefox, but the contrib I used supposedly fixed that problem. As an aside, I deleted that contrib, but right click is still disabled. Now I'm trying to figure out why.

Anyway, I really need someone to try search using Firefox and let me know if it works or not.

Thanks.

It is not just your search box, but all your forms. At least, the Google search box in your footer and your Contact Us form are also non-worky in Firefox.

I used the mac version of Firefox, so your bug is cross-platform.

Control-click (the stupid mac alternative to right-clicking for those of us too lazy or cheap to buy a multibutton mouse) is also disabled on the mac on your site.

And while I'm venting, I have to say that disabling ANYTHING for the user is probably counterproductive. When I saw the little dialog telling me "Function Disabled" my first reaction was fury. Even though I was more or less expecting it.

I realize that you don't have that set intentionally - I'm just venting now. :)

I don't blame you, it makes me angry too. Thanks for letting me know it's messed up other places in Firefox as well. I performed the contribution steps in reverse, but still can't get rid of it, for some reason, but I'm working on it...

It worked for me in Firefox, but then, I routinely browse with javascript disabled until a site convinces me otherwise.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived