• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install and Run on own computer

ryanmitton

Hi, I would like to use OS Commerce myself, for my business, on my own computer.

Is there a way to run the software on my xp based computer, and access it somehow?

Basically it's a test run, before putting it live, I will take my customers phone calls, access the 'website' installed on my computer, and as they tell me what they want to order, I will be using the 'website' and creating their order using OScommece real time on the phone.

This will give me first hand knowledge of 'flow' problems for the customer.

Can anybody either instruct me, or link me to a location where I can teach myself how to set this up?

Best Regards,

Ryan Mitton

BigSmile Mannequins Inc.

www.bigsmile.ca

You'll need to set up an Apache server on your local machine, install PHP, MySql and for your convenience, phpMyAdmin. If you download WAMP5 or XAMPP, either of those will easily install everything you need.

Then of course, you'll need to download and install osCommerce into the root directory, on your local machine.

Google for WAMP5 or XAMPP and download osCommerce from the Solutions link above.

Try installing APACHE2TRIAD (you can find this on the sourceforge download site and the forums on www.apache2triad.net). It will basically install everything you need within a windows environment. It is a complete server package. Just install it and unpack OScommerce to the htdocs directory and access it via your brower on http://localhost/[your oscommerce directory]/install.

Hi, I would like to use OS Commerce myself, for my business, on my own computer.

Is there a way to run the software on my xp based computer, and access it somehow?

Basically it's a test run, before putting it live, I will take my customers phone calls, access the 'website' installed on my computer, and as they tell me what they want to order, I will be using the 'website' and creating their order using OScommece real time on the phone.

This will give me first hand knowledge of 'flow' problems for the customer.

Can anybody either instruct me, or link me to a location where I can teach myself how to set this up?

Best Regards,

Ryan Mitton

BigSmile Mannequins Inc.

www.bigsmile.ca

Hi,

So I downloaded the Apache program, installed it. I found the htdocs folder.

Now I can't find the download file for OScommerce.

I find a suite of 5 files, and a bunch of updates, but I don't find anything that says download oscommerce here.

anybody know where it is? I realize it's probably right under my nose.

download osCommerce from the Solutions link above.

Simple enough, click on the Downloads link, choose Windows or Linux, click on your nearest mirror - Europe or America - save to disk.

Archived