• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with link in header

Hi there, I have created a new page as per the instructions from the knowledge base and it currently appears in my information box. I have also tried to create a link from my header bar. I have been partially successful in that there is a link in my header bar and it does work, however, it isn't in line with the rest of the links (my account, shopping cart, checkout) and it is just some words in the top right hand corner all hidden away see My Webpage to see what I mean. When I put the link into my header.php file I entered it like this:

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href=""' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'banner1.JPG', 'banner', '750', '150') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">About Us</a> </td>

</tr>

Have I done something wrong? Any suggestions on how can I improve the appearance of this link?

Hi there, I have created a new page as per the instructions from the knowledge base and it currently appears in my information box. I have also tried to create a link from my header bar. I have been partially successful in that there is a link in my header bar and it does work, however, it isn't in line with the rest of the links (my account, shopping cart, checkout) and it is just some words in the top right hand corner all hidden away see My Webpage to see what I mean. When I put the link into my header.php file I entered it like this:

Have I done something wrong? Any suggestions on how can I improve the appearance of this link?

you forgot the <TD I think...

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href=""' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'banner1.JPG', 'banner', '750', '150') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US, '', 'SSL'); ?>" <TD class="headerNavigation">About Us</a> </td>

</tr>

You've added your text link to the wrong section of code. Look a little further down, the next code block infact, you should see those text links on the nav bar. The last one looks like:

|  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>

Add your About Us link after that. Although I think it will wrap to a new line, with the font size you are using. Are your customers short-sighted? :blink:

You've added your text link to the wrong section of code. Look a little further down, the next code block infact, you should see those text links on the nav bar. The last one looks like:

|  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>

Add your About Us link after that. Although I think it will wrap to a new line, with the font size you are using. Are your customers short-sighted? :blink:

Thank you so much - finally I've found out what I needed. As to my customer's being short sighted, well they're probably not. I'm still experimenting with formatting, I want to use Cataneo BT as the font as that is the font we use on our logo and product labels however I thought it looked crap in a smaller size so I was trying out a bigger font size. I haven't checked out my site in different browsers yet (haven't been able to work out an easy way to do that) what browser do you use? In your opinion does it look really bad?

Hi Carol,

You do know that people will only see the font you design for if they have it installed on their computer. I wouldn't have thought many would have Cataneo BT.

I use Firefox to browse, although I have lots of browsers installed. You can install as many as you want, just Google them and download them.

I checked your site in FF, IE, Netscape, Opera and K-Meleon and they all looked the same. I was right about the links wrapping. If you want some screenshots PM me your email address.

Archived