• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Help: Parent Category on Product Page

PoZel

any1 got an idea?

Hi,

I've developed a solution which you can find here ... use that function on product info instead of product listing!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=212516&hl=

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

took me a little while to work out how to utilise the function properly, but its working perfectly now!

really helped me to understand functions as well as resolve the issue!

thanks monika, helped me loads!!

took me a little while to work out how to utilise the function properly, but its working perfectly now!

really helped me to understand functions as well as resolve the issue!

thanks monika, helped me loads!!

so happy to hear! It's funny because I only developed that recently for that thread post, and since then I use it about constantly on projects ;-)

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

sorry to ask again, but would it be possible to use this function to add the subcategory to the product in confirmation email? I know what needs to be edited, just not sure how to include the function for this purpose.

from checkout_process.php

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') ' . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

what should i change that too?

thanks again!

sorry to ask again, but would it be possible to use this function to add the subcategory to the product in confirmation email? I know what needs to be edited, just not sure how to include the function for this purpose.

from checkout_process.php

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') ' . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

what should i change that too?

thanks again!

try

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . tep_get_category_name($order->products[$i]['id']) . ' - ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') ' . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

Monika

Archived