• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple carts for same account

aksteven

Well, I think this is impossible, but my client refuses to believe me :-" . One of those who just won't be told - we all know them.

Anyway, the site sells furniture for landlords to furnish rental properties and my client wants a landlord, who might own several properties, to be able to fill one shopping basket for each property. Then, before he checks out, he calls my client, gives him the login and password for his OSC account, and my client is able to look at each "furnishing scheme" (read shopping basket) and add or remove on behalf of the landlord. Then the landlord logs back in, sees his saved "schemes" and goes to the checkout once he's happy.

My solution is to install a mod that I found (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2970) that replaces the default email address username with one chosen by the user, thus allowing someone with the same email address to have multiple accounts (one for each property) and hence multiple shopping baskets.

I think that this is the only way to achieve what my client wants, but if anyone out there knows any different, please tell me I'm wrong! My client will love you for it.

Thanks,

Andrew

=======================

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Isaac Asimov

Archived