• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Large file upload with progress bar

fmoses

Does anyone know of a file upload mechanism which will run under PHP in the osc environment and handle large files? I'm setting up a site where the customer will, hopefully, be able to upload large, high resolution images (>20 MB). I'm running on a shared Linux server and can't simply configure PHP for that size.

For operations which take a long time, users like to see that the end is drawing near. The solution should have a progress bar.

Does anyone know of a file upload mechanism which will run under PHP in the osc environment and handle large files? I'm setting up a site where the customer will, hopefully, be able to upload large, high resolution images (>20 MB). I'm running on a shared Linux server and can't simply configure PHP for that size.

For operations which take a long time, users like to see that the end is drawing near. The solution should have a progress bar.

Its not really possible in php but you can search for megaupload and find one solution

Its not really possible in php but you can search for megaupload and find one solution

Yes it is possible in a number of ways. For example you could store the number of bytes read and initiate a refresh and continue. And use the connection_status() function to check if the connection is alive, if not you abort.

Archived