• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLEASE help.

everyth5

I have a problem with the error code coding for the english.php file for Payment Information that I cannot figure out. any of the codes display the following text. This is one of the pages I am talking about.

The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again.

The first four digits of the number entered are: 1111.<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

Note that the <br> in both text are being displayed when this error occurs. Not very professional looking. Please tell me how to fix it. The actual coding is as below.

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_DATE', 'The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_NUMBER', 'The credit card number entered is invalid.<br>Please check the number and try again.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are: %s.<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.');

What is wrong with it????? Why does it show the <br>'s instead of doing a carriage return?

Thanks Scot, but that didn't work either. It still displayed as

The first four digits of the number entered are: 1111. <br /> If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. <br /> If it is wrong, please try again.

Any other suggestion?

Any other suggestion?

You may have a peice of code missing - in catalog/english.php find:

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are: %s<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.');

"after "number entered are:" think you're missing %s

scot

Archived