• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error Message "Catalog images directory "

RazorPete

Hi to all

Can anybody please help. I am trying to load images for my products and I am getting this error message

" Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: /home/www/hosts/www.bedrocks.co.uk/images/"

As my wesite launch is tomorrow doesn't look good :'(

thanks in advance

Pete

Hi to all

Can anybody please help. I am trying to load images for my products and I am getting this error message

" Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: /home/www/hosts/www.bedrocks.co.uk/images/"

As my wesite launch is tomorrow doesn't look good :'(

thanks in advance

Pete

Hi There

You need to change the permissions of the floder to 755 or if that fails 777

regards and good luck

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hi Nic

Thanks for your reply. How do I access these folders?

Thanks

Pete

You will have to log in with your FTP program find the folder and right click on it.

or if you have one you should be able to do this via your control panel.

Nic

[/url]

My Contributions

Hi Nic

Sorry to be a pain in the butt. I have loged into my admin account and found the folder from, Tools, File Manager, then Images

Right clicking and properties gives me no options. However there is a Reset button at the bottom of the page can it be done from there. As I am not sure what i'm doing I have not clicked it, my website has been designed for me I am just trying to add my products & having problems.

Thanks for your help

Hi Nic

Sorry to be a pain in the butt. I have loged into my admin account and found the folder from, Tools, File Manager, then Images

Right clicking and properties gives me no options. However there is a Reset button at the bottom of the page can it be done from there. As I am not sure what i'm doing I have not clicked it, my website has been designed for me I am just trying to add my products & having problems.

Thanks for your help

Hi

you really need to do this via an FTP program, the admin bit you are on, as far as i am aware does not allow you to change permissions at all.

Do you have a control panel for the actual web site?

If so you should be able to do it from there.

Do you have the user name / account passwords for your server at all? Just asking the question please do not put them down in a reply!!

Nic

[/url]

My Contributions

Archived