• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any way to get rid of extra price in product attributes?

milauskas

Hi,

I've got some attributes for products. Users can choose a single item or a case of 6. I've added the addtional cost in the product attributes section so that when they choose a case of an item which is, e.g., 10 dollars, osC adds an extra 50 dollars to the price. This works fine and the total is calculated correctly.

However, I would rather not have that extra cost show up in the attribute pulldown. For example, for the case it now reads, "Case of 6 @ $10/ea. (+50.00). This may be confusing to the customer who may think that an extra $50 is being tacked on over an above the normal cost. Is there a way to get this additional cost in parentheses NOT to show? Thanks!

MM

Hi,

I've got some attributes for products. Users can choose a single item or a case of 6. I've added the addtional cost in the product attributes section so that when they choose a case of an item which is, e.g., 10 dollars, osC adds an extra 50 dollars to the price. This works fine and the total is calculated correctly.

However, I would rather not have that extra cost show up in the attribute pulldown. For example, for the case it now reads, "Case of 6 @ $10/ea. (+50.00). This may be confusing to the customer who may think that an extra $50 is being tacked on over an above the normal cost. Is there a way to get this additional cost in parentheses NOT to show? Thanks!

MM

Just leave that field blank in the product attributes.

I have a similar problem. I'd like to have an attribute, say length or size of a product, which determines the price. My preference is to not have a base price for the product itself, but show the price associated with the selected attribute. As with milauskas, I don't want the attribute defined price to show as an addition and I want it used as the actual price of the product.

Archived