• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax Exempt Customers

vipes

Hello,

Some of the customers for my store are PST exempt, and I want to make the process for them more simple. Right now they have to call in and ask for a credit for the tax, but with so many orders, it is becoming a hassle.

I want to make a text box that when filled in, it will not charge the PST.

Could someone help point me in the right direction? O_o I'm not sure where to start...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Mark

...That sounds like a really bad idea. If anyone can fill it in, I know I'd. Er. Probably be really tempted to if I were buying from your shop.

My suggestion would be to download and install the Separate Pricing per Customer contribution here]. It will let you assign certain customers to a tax-exempt group. Which should solve the problem.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Gil_e_n suggestion is good. Just make sure you have all the documentation that you need from them before giving them tax exempt status. If they do have to pay tax you are liable for it, even if you do not collect it.

...That sounds like a really bad idea. If anyone can fill it in, I know I'd. Er. Probably be really tempted to if I were buying from your shop.

My suggestion would be to download and install the Separate Pricing per Customer contribution here]. It will let you assign certain customers to a tax-exempt group. Which should solve the problem.

Oh thanks for the sugestion! I'll definitly try that.

Mark

Archived