• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone & cache Question

skywalker786

Hi

Q2

I am in the installation process in the cache section of configuration page I have clicked

on the Cache directory. I dont know what url to put in the where it reads " The directory where the cached files are saved" I have already created the cache folder in the catalog directory.

this is where my cache folder is catalog/cache/

Q1

I am company based in UK and in the admin configuration section I have selected UK

the country where I am based. then I select Zone but no option is available. is this normal?

I get this funny feeling I haved downloaded the American version, is this a problem if I am in UK

and how do I check which version I have choosen?

sky

Q1. You need to set up your tax zones in Locations/Taxes in your admin section.

Q2. You need an absolute path to your cache directory.

Q1. I have selected my store and clicked on Zone but no location is availabe is this beacuse I am based

in UK? and does that effect which version I downloaded as I think I installed american version, is that a problem?

Q2.

I have opened up my ftp client and this is where my cache folder is /inkjuice.com/catalog/cache

so where it says "Cache Directory The directory where the cached files are saved" shall

I put in /tmp/inkjuice.com/catalog/cache

OSC is designed to be multi-lingual. There are no "versions" like you're thinking.

You need to SET UP your zones. If there's not one in there...create one! Create a Tax Zone. Then create a Tax Class, then create a Tax Rate. In the same menu, you should have tons of Countries and Zones available to choose from. If you don't have a huge list, then you're missing some information in your database.

You need the actuall absolute path on your webserver. The FTP client will probably not give you that information. In your admin section, go to Tools > Server Info. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and find

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]

These two variables will give you the full path to your site.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

OSC is designed to be multi-lingual. There are no "versions" like you're thinking.

You need to SET UP your zones. If there's not one in there...create one! Create a Tax Zone. Then create a Tax Class, then create a Tax Rate. In the same menu, you should have tons of Countries and Zones available to choose from. If you don't have a huge list, then you're missing some information in your database.

You need the actuall absolute path on your webserver. The FTP client will probably not give you that information. In your admin section, go to Tools > Server Info. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and find

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

These two variables will give you the full path to your site.

Hi.

Can I send you snapshots (jpg via email) of my tax zones so you can see

where I have gone wrong, and then you can tell if my database is corrupt?

Q2

I have located the below paths so where it says "Cache Directory The directory where the

cached files are saved" shall I put in: /hsphere/local/home/shebul/inkjuice.com/catalog/cache/

Below is the path you asked me to obtain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/hsphere/local/home/shebul/inkjuice.com/catalog/admin/server_info.php

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

/hsphere/local/home/shebul/inkjuice.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May thanks for helping out

sky

Archived