• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What shall I use for web graphics editing?

tanya004

Hi Everybody!

We'd like to open a new department for web site design, but I know nothing about PRO graphics software. Can you tell me what software to choose and what it will cost me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

What operating system are you running Windows/Linux/Mac?

What exactly is it that you want to do with the software, what kind of sites will you be working on?

Are you using a web editor, or are you handcoding sites?

If you are using Dreamweaver as an editor for example, then Fireworks would be by far the best choice (in my opinion) as a graphics editor, because of their tight integration.

If you can answer the above questions, then I'll try to help you out a bit more.

any version of adobe photoshop, if any software is the undoubtedly the best in it's field this has to be it. they also do a cutdown version which is photoshop elements. i use dreamweaver for web design but don't choose to use fireworks though it is very well integrated.

I use dreamweaver for web design and use fireworks as it is very well integrated. Unless you are going into the high end of graphics (For publishing etc etc) then these two will be perfect

Regards

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Photoshop is undoubtedly the leader in it's field, but for a lot of everyday work, it's overkill.

I use both photoshop and fireworks dependent on what I'm doing.

Photoshop definitely. If you're setting up a pro shop, the Photoshop is the standard. Though as mention if all you are dealing with are RGB web images, you could probably get away with using Photoshop elements.

I'm one of the few who prefer using GoLive to Dreamweaver simply because I began using it before Adobe purchased it from Cyberstudio. With the purchase of Macromedia by Adobe, Dreamweaver will replace Golive (as Illustrator will replace Freehand) so I guess I'll wind up having to learn Dreamweaver as well.

I also use BBedit as my text editor (I'm on a Mac).

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Archived