• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing configure.php

mlewis

Hello

I have been looking at the french OSCommerce site which says that as well as setting permissions on configure.php to 777, also the file itself must be edited for the web server configuration but I cant find any detailed information on how and what must be changed.

I moved my host over o Linux and am waiting for dns propagation so its not fully online again yet. However in the meantime, the register globals message has been replaced with another stating that the database.php file needs editing as a connection to the database cannot be made when going to http//myserver/catalog

Warning: mysql_pconnect() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/ipcas/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Mark

You probably read that wrong. The configure file permissions should be set to 644 or less. The error you are getting is indicating the database isn't set up or your configure file is incorrect.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The error indicates that you have this in your includes/configure.php files

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true');

and your host does not allow it, therefore you need to chang ethat line to read

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived