• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I have many oscommerce stores on one hosting account?

rolex911

I have several domain names and I can get more. I only have one hosting space. So I would like to forward each of my domains to a unique store (a unique oscommerce install on the same hosted space.)

For this, I should comment out the top button/link correct? so each store will not go up to the root domain.

I also noticed that every install of oscommerce that I do onto this hosted space uses the http:server of the first domain I registered to this hosting space.

So yes, I need many stores in one hosted space. I agree that I should have many domain names. I just cannot imagine how this can work in one hosting directory. I mean, they only give me one puclic_html space. I guess witin that there will be the installs correct? Like www.normlstore.com/oscommerce1 then www.normlstore.com/oscommerce2, www.normlstore.com/oscommerce3 . Then the new domain names would point to the catalog.php page of the appropriate store???

I think I am close, but I cannot stop confusing myself. Is anyone else doing many stores/cart installs in one hosted space?

thanks for all help,

thomas san fran

If you host will allow add-on domains and more than one database, then you just place the other sites in their own sub-category and add the domain for it as an add-on. From the visitors point-of-view, they will appear as totally different sites.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived