• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Screwed up somewhere

ptrau

I have done multiple, heavily mod-ed installs of this program and love it. I have screwed up something simple in my last install and have a brainfart-mindblock about how to fix it.

All my links in boxes, breadcrumb trails, banner links, etc., have the following problem:

http://mydomain.com/DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOGproduct_info.php?products_id=32

What in the heck did I do and how do I get rid of the "DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG" in the url?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See it at orders.mohawkfloorcare.com

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

Looks like your configure file's messed up. In it, DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG should be defined as wherever you have your oscommerce installation. So if you have osc installed in the root, you need to have in your configure file:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

If you do a search for DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG in your source code, you'll see there are a couple of places where it is defined. If you check those you might find the problem. The likely suspect is includes/configure.php, but it also shows up in includes/application_top.php and twice in functions/html_output.php

Also, you should delete your insall folder asap.

Thanks for the reply. Adding that line did it. I didn't even realize that there was no define line for that. In all of the installs that I have done, I have never had to add that line. I must have deleted it somehow. I just could not figure that out.

Lifesaver. Thanks again.

Paul

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

Archived