• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this even possible with STS?

Sherly23

Hey thanks for looking in,

I was just wondering if it was possible to make an STS template with photoshop (just the desing) and then transport it to dreamweaver and put the $placeholders. Will this work? If not I am fairly new to this and i want to make my own desing, what program should I use to do this?

Thnx!

Well. You can make a roughed out design of what you want in photoshop. Assuming you have at least a basic understanding of html and dreamweaver, you can then do an html page that, insofar as possible looks like that image, and includes the at least some of the graphics you used in that base image. Assuming you crop them and save them as their own individual pictures. And then you can add the placeholders to your html file. You can't just draw something in photoshop, save it as an html file, and expect it to come out at all, however.

...I'm not quite sure what you're asking so if my answer seems completely offtopic, please rephrase.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

O no thank you for your reply!

I think what i am going to do is first start out my graphical desing template in photoshop then slice it in imageready and then i will transport it to dreamweaver there i will add all of the placeholders inside the slices i made in imageready then i will have the custom template. I am not sure if it will work but i guess ill play areound with it a bit! Thnx

Archived