• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easiest way to enter thousands of products?

NeilA

I'm starting a website where it will be necessary to enter the names and codes of a large number of products. I've used Oscommerce before in another site of mine, and the long uploading times for each individual product were bearable, since I only had a relatively small number of products. In my new site, I will have between 200-1500 products that must be individually coded. Is there anyway to do this easily? I was told I'd have to install a "mod", but I don't know what that is, or how to do it. I'd appreciate any help.

In my signature, there is a link to a contribution called Easypopulate. It will do what you want. Download it, and unzip it. THere are very thorough instructions within it on how to install it.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

I don't have winzip. Is there any other way to get it? I tried saving it to disk, and it said it downloaded, but I can't find it. Thank you for your help.

I found the easypopulate file, and I opened it up on Notepad. It told me to put the php in catalog/admin, but I don't know where that is, and I have no idea what SQL queries are. Could someone please help?

You could try helping yourself a little!

It's hard to believe you already have an osC store, yet know nothing about SQL or even where the admin directory is.

People are willing to help but you must show willing. Read through the forums, find the EP support forum and you will learn plenty.

Google MySql tutorial and you will get over 21 million results and PHP will return in excess of 88 million.

Not knowing where the admin folder is isnt a good start if your going to try and do some work on the site your self. Spend some time looking around the files and folders that make up oscommerce.

Archived