• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding extra pages

Hi there,

I'm starting to get desperate, I don't know very much about php and I've been trawling throught the forum for hours and getting nowhere. I want to add four pages to my osc site (about us, about base oils, about essential oils, & safety and guidelines) and I would like to have links to those pages in my header bar. I know it can be done because I've looked at other sites that have done this already - I just can't work out how. Can anyone help me? Is there a contribution that will help?

:'(

Try this.

Jack

Hi Jack this looks like exactly what I need. One question, is there anyway to have the link to these pages appear in the header bar instead of a box?

Can anyone spot what I have done wrong? I have added a page called About Us to the information box on the left hand side on My Webpage however when you click on it all the tables and borders disappear. Just when I thought I had it all sorted :blush:

You need to link your stylesheet.css to this new page...

scot

I thought it would be something like this, can you tell me how to link them?

In your new file, find <head> and make sure the relevant info is included, like this

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

I thought it would be something like this, can you tell me how to link them?

Place the below stylesheet link between the <head> </head> tags of the new page

that is assuming that your styles are in this file :stylesheet.css. And all the styles are linked and not embedded or in-line which I don't think will be the case.

scot

In your new file, find <head> and make sure the relevant info is included, like this

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

</head>

Thanks heaps, all fixed now :D

Hi Jack this looks like exactly what I need. One question, is there anyway to have the link to these pages appear in the header bar instead of a box?
I don't kow if you still need this answer, but, yes, you can put a link to it anywhere, in or out of a box.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't kow if you still need this answer, but, yes, you can put a link to it anywhere, in or out of a box.

Jack

Can you please tell me how you put a link in the header bar?

See the includes/header.php file. There are already links there. You just need to copy that code.

Jack

Hi, sorry to have to come back to this but I have no experience with php and when I look at this file I just get a headache. I'm assuming the part I need to edit is somewhere in here:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href=""' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'banner1.JPG', 'banner', '750', '150') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?> </td>

</tr>

</table>

I'm not sure what to do to add a link to my new file called about_us.php can someone please walk me through this.

Try placing this:

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href=""' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US) . '">' .  "PUT TEXT HERE' . '</a>'; ?></td>

right after

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

You will need to adjust it but it should get you going.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try placing this:
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href=""' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US) . '">' .  "PUT TEXT HERE' . '</a>'; ?></td>

right after

You will need to adjust it but it should get you going.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I've added the link to the navigator bar, I'd just been trying to add it to the wrong part of the code and so wasn't having any luck. All fixed now :D

Archived