• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make changes to the text customers see

Ladydeb

HI There,

I have tried and failed to understand which paths to follow in order to be able to alter text on my site.

I want to change simple things like - when a customer gets to the 'choose a payment method' page...I want to change the Paypal option to Credit/Debit Card or Paypal.

Also, some of the Americanised spellings need to be changed, ie..cheque instead of check...various other niggly bits too.

The problem is I can find text that LOOKS like its the right thing to change..but am SCARED that I change it and it messes something up.

Is there a definitive way to tell if you've gone to the correct php file or whatever and changed the right text?

Is there a simple system so I know that certain things get changed in this section, different things in another section?

I know this is all ABC to you guys, but when you just don't know how it works, then it looks so complicated to the novice - ME....lol

Anyway, hope someone can push me in the right direction...it would be most appreciated...

Debs

Hi

It depends on the text you need to change, if in doubt, make a duplicate copy of you site as a back up you can use if things go wrong.

If you would like more specific help feel free to mail me.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Archived