OK here goes:

1. Person add items to cart

2. Selects shipping and payment

3. brought to confirmation page

4. clicks confirm

5. sent to payment gateway and pays

6. doesn't click return to seller

7. NO ORDER IN THE OSC DATABASE but they paid

how can I capture the order details before the customer leaves the site to confirm the order, or will doing this conflict with the site? I'd like to capture the order and set the status as "PaymentGateway pending", once I confirm the order at the payment gateway I can then update the status to say "processed". I know the Paypal shopping cart IPN does something like this.

Any ideas?

Hello,

OK here goes:

1. Person add items to cart

2. Selects shipping and payment

3. brought to confirmation page

4. clicks confirm

5. sent to payment gateway and pays

6. doesn't click return to seller

7. NO ORDER IN THE OSC DATABASE but they paid

how can I capture the order details before the customer leaves the site to confirm the order, or will doing this conflict with the site? I'd like to capture the order and set the status as "PaymentGateway pending", once I confirm the order at the payment gateway I can then update the status to say "processed". I know the Paypal shopping cart IPN does something like this.

Any ideas?

You could search the contributions section for "order logging" and find and try this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,order+logging

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived