• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password protect certain items?

slbailey

Is it possible to restrict the purchase of certain items in the catalog to only those people who know the proper password?

I am a wedding videographer and I'd like to be able to sell my videos on my website but only if the customer provides the proper password to purchase the video. That way, the bride and groom would only share the password with people they wanted to purchase the video.

Conversely, I also do dance recitals and will sell those to anyone who asks. So I need the ability to restrict the sales of certain items and not others.

I've searched the contributions and the forums and haven't found an elegant solution to my problem.

Steve

Is it possible to restrict the purchase of certain items in the catalog to only those people who know the proper password?

I am a wedding videographer and I'd like to be able to sell my videos on my website but only if the customer provides the proper password to purchase the video. That way, the bride and groom would only share the password with people they wanted to purchase the video.

Conversely, I also do dance recitals and will sell those to anyone who asks. So I need the ability to restrict the sales of certain items and not others.

I've searched the contributions and the forums and haven't found an elegant solution to my problem.

Steve

I'm also have the same problem any answers out there?

Stewart

Archived