• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I NOT offer shipping?

I am starting to work on my site. I offer only 3 items (generators) and I want to sell them locally, which means that I don't want to offer shipping (since the items weigh over 150 pounds and I have to go thru a freight company.)

I haven't selected any of the shipping options, but when I make a mock sale, it prompt the delivery address.

I would like to have a message stating "Please call to schedule a pick up at (305)xxx-xxxx and perhaps put the area of the warehouse."

Can you please give me a hand?

Thanks a million! :blink:

Set the weight of the items to 0 and don't enable any of the shipping modules and turn off shipping in Admin > Modules > Order Total.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Set the weight of the items to 0 and don't enable any of the shipping modules and turn off shipping in Admin > Modules > Order Total.

Thanks for the tip. I did it and the shipping information doesn't show, however, when I do the check out, there is a heading of Delivery Address, and the following is displayed on the left of the address that the customer has filled out when became a member: " Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to. "

Is there any way that I could replace that for: "Please contact xxx-xxxx to schedule pick up.

Thanks again. You helped me with the first part of my nightmare.

;)

Edit the text in the includes/languages/[language]/checkout_shipping.php. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Edit the text in the includes/languages/[language]/checkout_shipping.php. ;)

That worked!

Thanks so much. You were a great help.

Archived