• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Partial White Background

ChrisTheGrant

Hi,

I have recently set up Car-puters.com, and I am currently making lots of changes to the site before I go live. As you can see from my site, one of the major design flaws is that the background of the main section of the site is not white, and is grey like the rest of the background. I want to keep my grey background, but change the area behind the temporary "whats new here" etc text, and below the infoboxes on the left. I have spent quite a while trying to find out how to do this, and have searched and searched but have been unable to find anything. If anyone could help i would be very grateful.

Also, another concern is that on a specific product page, the infoboxes on the right have spacing, whereas those on the left do not.

Any help with either of these matters is much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

For the background issue, you could assign the main table cell <td> tag that contains the body content the CSS class that has the white background.

Either that or you could assign the CSS class to a <div> area that encapsulates the text.

Regarding the spacing between boxes in the right-hand column, check that a cellspacing value wasn't assigned to the table for that column.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Find this text:

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

and change it to:

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top" style="background:#ffffff"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

or better would be to change the style entry in the main <td> tag to be a CSS class.

Which is pretty much what I already said at the beginning of my last post. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived