• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot find the modifications I want to make.

everyth5

I have searched here for hours in the forum AND in the code for all of the below with no success. Can anyone help me with one or more of the following?

1. When I enter a credit card number I end up with the following message:

The first four digits of the number entered are: 1111<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

Obviously, I would like to remove the <br> from the text but I cannot find it in the code.

2. When I try to send a message to the Contact Us page I get the error message:

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

It does not matter if I am logged in or not. This error message is persistant. Where is the text for this page so I can change it and how can I send the customer to the login page with this error message displayed at the top?

3. Regarding the Contact Us page. I would like the logged in customers name and address to automatically be inserted into the "Full Name" and "Email" boxes. How do I do this?

4. I have been trying to remove the corners in the side boxes. I would like to have these headers with square corners. Where is this code and what modifications can I make?

5. And now the one that is really illusive. I would like to add a title to the top of each page and text to each page below that title.but each page will have unique titles and text. I can change the titles in the code but that changes things globally. What do I have to do?????

Thank you all for your help. This site has been FANTASTIC . I have learned soooooo much in the past few days. Thank you all

Oh and also one BIG one. When I click the "Click to Enlarge" option, I get my enlarged picture but it is not complete. It is very big but the scroll down or sideways sliders are not on the picture window and only part of my picture is there. Is there a way that I could shrink the window and contents or add the scroll sliders to the window?

Shit atleast your posts aren't getting deleted..

lol.. whats with these admins! wft, I posted a topic on product_attributes.php

where is my reply? this software sucks!

Please forgive me for not being able to address all of your problems (5.00 pm time to leave work) but quick answer for #1

Catalog/Includes/Languages/english.php at or around line 316

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are: %s<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.');

change that to whatever you want

Please forgive me for not being able to address all of your problems (5.00 pm time to leave work) but quick answer for #1

Catalog/Includes/Languages/english.php at or around line 316

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are: %s<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.');

change that to whatever you want

Thank you for helping with one issue. I have checked the code and everything seems to be as it should be, but the <br>'s are still displaying in the text for some reason.

Archived