• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MAJOR ERROR HELP!!

newhomegadgets

I don't know why my EP is limited to be able to import to 66 items.

I'm getting error of the followin

# 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'cord and headphone jackPower and volume control

# Magnetically shielded', ' at line 11

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '5465', 1, '1 Watt PC/Personal Audio Speaker System', '

# 1 watt x 2 power output

# Advanced full range drivers

# Perfect for PC and portable audio players

# 7' cord and headphone jack

# Power and volume control

# Magnetically shielded', '' )

The apostrophe after the 7 is causing the sql error.

It will accept it if you escape the apostrophe with a backslash

# 7\' cord and headphone jack

I think there's a setting in EP that would help it handle the quote marks so that you wouldn't have to do that...I can't recall exactly.

The apostrophe after the 7 is causing the sql error.

It will accept it if you escape the apostrophe with a backslash

# 7\' cord and headphone jack

I think there's a setting in EP that would help it handle the quote marks so that you wouldn't have to do that...I can't recall exactly.

should be that problem, i have removed that item and import again, and getting this

# 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '01 Honda Civic Radio Install Kit', 'For 2001+ Honda Civic', ' at line 10

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '5456', 1, ''01 Honda Civic Radio Install Kit', '

# For 2001+ Honda Civic', '' )

There's an apostrophe before 01 in 01 Honda Civic

\'01 Honda Civic will work.

I'm not sure what flavor of easy populate you are using, but check your easypopulate.php file and see if you can find this section (it's near the top, line 72 in my file).

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

If yours is "false", switch it to true.

I'm not sure what flavor of easy populate you are using, but check your easypopulate.php file and see if you can find this section (it's near the top, line 72 in my file).

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

tHANKS A LOT!, but i'm still having problem with the Split Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 EP function, i clicked Split , nothing happened, no files in Temp directory...............

I haven't used that feature very much, but...

How many products are you trying to upload at once?

the split file size is set in the easypopulate file also

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

In my case it's 300 products.

Basically, you prepare the file, save it on your computer. Then go to the EP page on your admin panel. Under "split EP file", click browse, browse to the file on your computer. Then the local path to the file will be in the box. Click 'split file' and then it should give you this message at the top under the Easy Populate heading

Creating file EP_Split1.txt ... Added 233 records and closing file...

You can download your split files in the Tools/Files under /catalog/temp/

I don't completely understand or care for the tools/files method, at this point you can do this instead:

Then you can take the name of the split file (in my case EP_Split1.txt) and paste it in the "import from temp directory" window. Then click "insert into db" and it should spit out the big pipe delimited list of updated/inserted products. Then repeat the import from temp dir. process until you have all of your split files imported.

If that's not working, I would suspect something is not right with your temp file. Make sure it has 755 permissions, or it may need to be 777 ...

I haven't used that feature very much, but...

How many products are you trying to upload at once?

the split file size is set in the easypopulate file also

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

In my case it's 300 products.

Basically, you prepare the file, save it on your computer. Then go to the EP page on your admin panel. Under "split EP file", click browse, browse to the file on your computer. Then the local path to the file will be in the box. Click 'split file' and then it should give you this message at the top under the Easy Populate heading

I don't completely understand or care for the tools/files method, at this point you can do this instead:

Then you can take the name of the split file (in my case EP_Split1.txt) and paste it in the "import from temp directory" window. Then click "insert into db" and it should spit out the big pipe delimited list of updated/inserted products. Then repeat the import from temp dir. process until you have all of your split files imported.

If that's not working, I would suspect something is not right with your temp file. Make sure it has 755 permissions, or it may need to be 777 ...

i'm trying to split a csv with 20000 products.. it can split 1000 products csv into 3 files, however, not for a single csv with 20000 products? do i have to change $maxrecs = 300 to 20000 ?

also, how can I add a link at the bottom of the page?

i have the following that comes with the template? How do I edit/add this link? the Company / New products / Specials / Contacts / My Account / Checkout link

Hi,

The max recs is the max per split file. So, theoretically, it should be able to split your 20,000 product CSV in to 66 split files. (20,000 divided by 300). It's not doing anything when you follow the instructions I put in the previous post?

See if it will split something slightly smaller. The point of splitting is to get your upload finished within the time limit set by php.ini, which is usually 30 seconds. I'm guessing that the time it takes for it to split your file into 66 pieces may already be exceeding that time limit. Try taking maybe 5,000 products, then split it. See what happens. I think 20,000 might be too much.

I don't think it will help to change the max recs, might just make it worse.

I think you should start a new thread for your design questions. ;)

Archived