• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need help with heading title

bgalloway

Find catalog/includes/header.php. Replace the oscommerce.gif image with your own.

scot

NOT THE GIF FILE BUT RIGHT IN THE TO CENTER OF THE PAGE IT SAYS HEADING TITLE IN GRAY COLOR

THE OSCOMMERCE IS ON THE LEFT SIDE AAT THE TOP

define('HEADING_TITLE', "What\'s New Here?');

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

scot

I DELETED ALL THAT LIKE IT SAID

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

this is all it says

Did you delete all the code on the page except : define('HEADING_TITLE', "'); If so you will need to go back to your back up english/index.php file and start over. You did make a baackup of the file didn't you? Always make a backup before editing.

Leave all the other code on the english/index.php file as is, you only need to edit the text between the single quotes ('') to change the displayed text heading. Just change the one line

define('HEADING_TITLE', "What\'s New Here?'); [
so that it reads
define('HEADING_TITLE', "YourCompanyName');

scot

Did you delete all the code on the page except : define('HEADING_TITLE', "'); If so you will need to go back to your back up english/index.php file and start over. You did make a baackup of the file didn't you? Always make a backup before editing.

Leave all the other code on the english/index.php file as is, you only need to edit the text between the single quotes ('') to change the displayed text heading. Just change the one line

define('HEADING_TITLE', "What\'s New Here?'); [
so that it reads

scot

no i did not so how can i fix it can you just add what it needs to look like on the above paste so i can fix it

Find this line of code on the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file

you only need to edit the text between the single quotes ('') in the below code to change the displayed text heading.

If you notice the difference between the 2 lines of code above and below, I have added 'YourCompanyName' in place of "What\'s New Here?' To accomplish want you want to do just replace "What\'s New Here?' with your company name, (example. 'ACME Widgets') and be sure to leave the single quotes.

like:

define('HEADING_TITLE', "ACME Widgets Company');

Also note: the heading is for new products so you might want to put 'Your Company Name New Products')

Hope this helps, remember you can always go to: http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/ and get more info about the way osCommerce works before making a lot of edits. This can save time and prevent mishaps. happy coding ...

scot

Hi, I am getting this error message when I try to edit my Title:

"Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /osCommerce/catalog//includes/languages/english/index.php" I have file set to 755 and changed it to 777 also to see if it would help but no luck keep getting same error message

Find this line of code on the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file

you only need to edit the text between the single quotes ('') in the below code to change the displayed text heading.

If you notice the difference between the 2 lines of code above and below, I have added 'YourCompanyName' in place of "What\'s New Here?' To accomplish want you want to do just replace "What\'s New Here?' with your company name, (example. 'ACME Widgets') and be sure to leave the single quotes.

like:

Also note: the heading is for new products so you might want to put 'Your Company Name New Products')

Hope this helps, remember you can always go to: http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/ and get more info about the way osCommerce works before making a lot of edits. This can save time and prevent mishaps. happy coding ...

scot

I DELETED ALL THAT LIKE IT SAID

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');