• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1062 Duplicate Entry error message

jpweber

I'm having the following issue on create_account.php. When going to the page, it displays fine, but at the bottom of the page, below the footer, is:

1062 - Duplicate entry '860575921f487be281e4516dfc6a0681' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('860575921f487be281e4516dfc6a0681?osCAdminID=f3cdab335d59c0920155ebdb035fe1c4', '1150811067', 'cart|O:12:\"shoppingcart\":4:{s:8:\"contents\";a:0:{}s:5:\"total\";i:0;s:6:\"weight\";i:0;s:12:\"content_type\";b:0;}language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";currency|s:3:\"USD\";navigation|O:17:\"navigationhistory\":2:{s:4:\"path\";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:\"page\";s:18:\"create_account.php\";s:4:\"mode\";s:6:\"NONSSL\";s:3:\"get\";a:1:{s:6:\"osCsid\";s:76:\"860575921f487be281e4516dfc6a0681?osCAdminID=f3cdab335d59c0920155ebdb035fe1c4\";}s:4:\"post\";a:0:{}}}s:8:\"snapshot\";a:0:{}}')

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know if this is a common error? My OSC is relatively clean, without much edits thus far. Thanks for anyone who might know the answer,

J

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Actually, it says it on every page now! This is a problem ....

J

Jason

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Nope ... just create account (then it stays there after you've visited the create_account.php page, below the footer of all the other pages. But it doesn't show up until you visit create_account.php.

Jason

use phpmyadmin execute this query to clear the sessions table

TRUNCATE TABLE `sessions`

preferably when no customers are online.

I use a hosting company. I don't have phpmyadmin, but I guess I could try to get it ... if I have to.

J

Jason

I use a hosting company. I don't have phpmyadmin, but I guess I could try to get it ... if I have to.

J

Yea ask your host company how customers can update the sql tables.

I downloaded phpmyadmin, but it's way too confusing to install. I read the documentation, and still can't figure out. I'll work on it more, and once I install it on my hosting company's server (?), I'll do that truncate thing. Thanks,

J

Jason

I downloaded phpmyadmin, but it's way too confusing to install. I read the documentation, and still can't figure out. I'll work on it more, and once I install it on my hosting company's server (?), I'll do that truncate thing. Thanks,

J

i think you may struggle doing it yourself - get your host to do it you just need access to it. im surprised they don't have phpmyadmin installed personally, you should consider changing hosts if you can't maintain your database and are serious about ecommerce.

after clearing it also tell host to check if the "autoincrement" is enabled on the primary keys it could be an issue with the mysql version. most if not all of the tables primary keys require the autoincrement enabled so get them to check it all.

This is the most likely cause of the duplicate entry error - basically its not creating a distinctive id for the new record so even if you clear your database, it will still happen unless the database is instructed to autoincrement the id for the new record for that table.

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

i think you may struggle doing it yourself - get your host to do it you just need access to it. im surprised they don't have phpmyadmin installed personally, you should consider changing hosts if you can't maintain your database and are serious about ecommerce.

after clearing it also tell host to check if the "autoincrement" is enabled on the primary keys it could be an issue with the mysql version. most if not all of the tables primary keys require the autoincrement enabled so get them to check it all.

This is the most likely cause of the duplicate entry error - basically its not creating a distinctive id for the new record so even if you clear your database, it will still happen unless the database is instructed to autoincrement the id for the new record for that table.

Thanks a lot; I'll get online with one of the tech support representatives in a couple hours. I did download XAMPP and installed that. Full version, with Apache, MySql, and FileZilla, all running on my WindowsXP computer. I don't know if I can do anything without having phpmyadmin on this computer, or if you can tell me to do something to post here, but I finally have XAMPP. So I'll get on the database issue with the support rep, and if you need me to do anything now that I have XAMPP, and I'm using PHP Designer 2006 for my editing. Geez, I went from a PHP newbie, and now I have all this ... haha. Hopefully I can correct this error, and learn how to use this software. Thanks for your help; I'll be posting again later tonight.

J

Jason

Okay, good news and bad news. I have the XAMPP, and I now know how to access my hosting company's phpmyadmin. So I have access to phpmyadmin. I do know that "autoincrement" is enabled throughout, but I have not truncated the sessions, like enigma said, because I do not know how. Any ideas on what I can do next?

J

Jason

I went into phpmyadmit, and I clicked on SESSIONS, and here is the screenshot that shows what the screen looks like when I click on SESSIONS:

http://www.ussvision.com/phpmyadminscreenshot.jpg

Any problems here? Need me to do anything else? Thanks a lot for however anyone can help!

J

Jason

there is an sql tab at the top. Just click on it and paste the code I mentioned inside. Click go to execute the query.

Hey enigma. I ran the query you mentioned, the way you mentioned. There doesn't seem to be any issues now -- for now, at least.

It just said this when I ran it:

Your SQL query has been executed successfully (Query took 0.0918 sec)SQL query:TRUNCATE TABLE `sessions` [ Edit ] [ Create PHP Code ]

Run SQL query/queries on server localhost:

TRUNCATE TABLE `sessions`

Maybe I'm good to go. Either way, thanks a bunch for your input, and sticking with me on this post. I definitely appreciate it! Hopefully you don't hear from me on this one again. Have a good one,

J

Jason

I went into phpmyadmit, and I clicked on SESSIONS, and here is the screenshot that shows what the screen looks like when I click on SESSIONS:

http://www.ussvision.com/phpmyadminscreenshot.jpg

Any problems here? Need me to do anything else? Thanks a lot for however anyone can help!

J

sorry dude i threw you a bit off course with the autoincrement bit because this is not applicable with the session table :-" . But will be with some of the other tables with incrementing primary keys id which give the same 1062 error so don't worry about it too much if you are not having other 1062 errors. The sessions i think are generated in the sessions.php file in includes/functions folder are you having the same problem in your admin?

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

No; I think when I truncated the sessions table, used that query in phpmyadmin, it took care of things. The only problem was on the end-user side, though, when I got that error at the footer of the page -- the entire page displayed, but that error code was at the bottom. Thanks, though, for checking into it. I think it's fixed, but we'll see. Have a good one,

J

Jason

Archived