• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

creat dir & .htaccess

skywalker786

Hi

I have almost finished installation but stuck on the below two things how do I do this

I need a step by step instruction.

1. Create the dir /catalog/admin/backups and set the permissions to 777.

2. You need to .htaccess your /catalog/admin directory so that it is password protected. You

can use the password manager in your server admin area like cpanel.

sky

1. Create the dir /catalog/admin/backups and set the permissions to 777.

Use your client ftp program to create a new "backups" folder in the root of the admin folder. Control or Command click on the folder and select set permissions, set to 777, or use your server cpanel/file manager to set permissions.

2. You need to .htaccess your /catalog/admin directory so that it is password protected. You

can use the password manager in your server admin area like cpanel.

Use your server cpanel and find password protect directories, navigate to the admin and set .htaccess user name and password.

scot

Use your client ftp program to create a new "backups" folder in the root of the admin folder. Control or Command click on the folder and select set permissions, set to 777, or use your server cpanel/file manager to set permissions.

Use your server cpanel and find password protect directories, navigate to the admin and set .htaccess user name and password.

scot

Hi Scot.

I made the backups folder and set permission to 777. When you mean my "server cpanel"

is this my hosting company cpanel? I need more simple instructions for the .htaccess please

many thanks

sky

Yes,

Use your server admin cpanel and find password protect directories (or something similar), open it up, navigate to the admin folder, choose it, and set .htaccess user name and password for the admin folder.

Yes,

Use your server admin cpanel and find password protect directories (or something similar), open it up, navigate to the admin folder, choose it, and set .htaccess user name and password for the admin folder.

I've gone into my server via the cpanel am I supposed to protect the admin folder ? ://inkjuice.com/catalog/admin

Will need further step by step help please

I've gone into my server via the cpanel am I supposed to protect the admin folder ? ://inkjuice.com/catalog/admin

Will need further step by step help please

Use your "HOST" server admin cpanel and find "password protect directories" (or something similar, could be "set htaccess", all hosts have different names for this), open it up, navigate to the catalog/admin folder, choose it, and set .htaccess user name and password for the admin folder. This is needed to secure sensitive information within the admin folder.

If you are still having trouble it might be easier for you to just call your hosting company and let their technical support people help you with this.

scot

Whichever panel you are using - cPanel, Ensim, Helm, or that old tired workhorse Plesk - Google for it and you'll find online tutorials which show you how to use them.

Vger

Archived