• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Error .. please help

hello

i installation OS Commerce using cpanel

after that i got this error :-

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

what i have to do ??

thanks

thanks scootd

I put this code in a .htaccess file in the root of your web:

CODE

php_flag register_globals on

put I got this error :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.hwhenna.com Port 80

please help me

thanks scootd

I put this code in a .htaccess file in the root of your web:

CODE

php_flag register_globals on

put I got this error :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.hwhenna.com Port 80

please help me

It seems that your host has disallowed the ability to turn Register Globals back on via .htaccess. You need to either create a php.ini file with this code in it and add it to each folder:

register globals = On

Or else you need to install the Register Globals patch by Richard Bentley, available from the Contributions section. Please be aware though that most osCommerce Contributions aren't written to work with Register Globals set to off, so they won't be available to you.

Vger

I wanted to post quickly a big THANK YOU to Vger. I've been having some issues with a new installation of OS Commerce and your fix and direction to the Contribution for Register Globals was the easiest fix. My shop now works thanks to your direction and advice. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated!! :)

-cortesoy

Archived