• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

template upoad

kellysant

hey there,

just a quik few questions

I uploaded a template for my ecommerce page to fancy it upa bit.. i have already added all my items in the store etc..

1. do i delete everything on my ftp and install the new one ? or do i upload stright over the top?

2. is there steps i can find somewere on how to update the site with the template (very simple steps - i'm extemely new to all this.. didn't even know what codes where..still learning)

3. will i loose all my items in doing this? if i imput a template

help help help!

:-"

hey there,

just a quik few questions

I uploaded a template for my ecommerce page to fancy it upa bit.. i have already added all my items in the store etc..

1. do i delete everything on my ftp and install the new one ? or do i upload stright over the top?

2. is there steps i can find somewere on how to update the site with the template (very simple steps - i'm extemely new to all this.. didn't even know what codes where..still learning)

3. will i loose all my items in doing this? if i imput a template

help help help!

:-"

hiya there, did you make your template yourself? i mean, is it a header footer design, or is it a purchased template?

do not delete anything from your ftp, make a back up of the files you are going to overwrite and simply upload your edited pages over top of the original pages.

I am not sure off hand where to find a tutorial, i know there are ebooks that can be purchased, thats about it

the main file you will want to edit is the header.php, footer.php and the right and left columns, you can certainly edit the other pages but you would need to have some knowledge of html and php so you dont break up or remove any needed code in the files you are editing.

you will not lose any items in your cart by applying a template, the template is all 'outside files' all of your products and such are held in your database, so editing the cart files will not harm the db, that is unless you take out some code leading to a db table

let me know if you have any more questions or if you need help with anything :)

Archived