• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No shipping paid, country space empty, invoice has no address

SamyT

I have never seen this before - an order came through and there is no line for shipping, none was paid!

The payment was done via Pay Pal and I have that Pay Pal module by Devosc, possibly one of the older versions but all orders before and all orders after have worked fine.

Other odd things about the sale - there was no country listed with his address - it had state,(blank).

Also, when I went to print an invoice, which we use as the address on the parcel, it had no delivery or billing address on it!

Does anyone have any ideas what could have caused this?

How does the order / payment look in PayPal?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

It looked pretty much like any other payment - like this:

Web Accept Payment Received (ID Number REMOVED)

Name:

DARRYL REMOVED (The sender of this payment is Verified)

Email:

[email protected]

Payment Sent to:

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:

$47.60 USD

Fee Amount:

-$1.92 USD

Net Amount:

$45.68 USD

Fee Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Amount:

$47.60 USD

Postage:

$0.00 USD

Packing:

$0.00 USD

Quantity:

Item Title:

Australian T-Shirts

Item Number:

Body Crocodile Kids T-Shirt - Double Sided , Rippin Rex Childrens Dinosaur T-Shirt , Breakthrough Shark Childrens T-Shirt

Invoice ID:

Custom:

3a1bae78removedbd15beb0a

Date:

9 Jun. 2006

Time:

22:41:38 PDT

Completed

Postal Address:

No Address Provided

Postal Address:

No Address Provided

That doesn't look normal to me. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

It's normal as the address is given on the website and it was - it's there when you look at the order but it's not when you try and print the invoice.

Not that I can ship the order, he hasn't paid for postage so it can't be sent.

re: It not looking right, the module has the setting 'Enable PayPal Shipping Address' which is set to

'No' because that information is collected on site. That's how it's always been and it's always worked fine - it's just this one order.

So the order has the address but it doesn't appear on the invoice?

So the order has the address but it doesn't appear on the invoice?

That's correct - also he managed to get through checkout without the shipping payment.. and our international customers have to choose between air and economy air, so I haven't a clue how he managed this!

He is checking to see if you check orders before shipping or if you have an automated drop-ship process and hoping to get lucky.

I assume that you do not have email notification on because I included the answer to that question in my initial response. I edited my response to remove that information to prevent others from duplicating it.

Are you using the default PayPal module or have you download the IPN contribution?

As mentioned in my original thread, I use the contribution by Devosc for Pay Pal.

By the way, the email notification only includes a link to this thread, it doesn't contain what was written in the thread lol

OK, I'm still none the wiser - anyone else have any idea how this guy got around paying for shipping? I was lucky to notice this, if it wasn't me who was packing the order, it may have gotten through.

Archived