• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone Rate Snafu

I think I have read every single post on setting up zone rates and I still can't get it to work. The problem seems simple: I have two zones. CA is in one zone, and all of the other states, comma delimited, are in the other zone. I keep getting the same error, no matter which state I am shipping to:

Zone Rates

No shipping available to the selected country

I have been hacking at this for two weeks. Nobody seems to have an answer. Please help if you know how to solve this one.

I think I have read every single post on setting up zone rates and I still can't get it to work. The problem seems simple: I have two zones. CA is in one zone, and all of the other states, comma delimited, are in the other zone. I keep getting the same error, no matter which state I am shipping to:

Zone Rates

No shipping available to the selected country

I have been hacking at this for two weeks. Nobody seems to have an answer. Please help if you know how to solve this one.

One would have to assume that you have these two zones set up in Admin?

One would have to assume that you have these two zones set up in Admin?

Well, I thought so. I certainly set up CA in Tax Zones. But if y ou have details about how to do the setup and how to make sure it is setup, even as far as which fields in which database they should appear, that would be very helpful. I have just two days to solve this before the client pulls the plug.

Well, I thought so. I certainly set up CA in Tax Zones. But if y ou have details about how to do the setup and how to make sure it is setup, even as far as which fields in which database they should appear, that would be very helpful. I have just two days to solve this before the client pulls the plug.

Sorry, no.

In admin/locations taxes/

Your countries are correct? Your states are correct?

Your zones are correct?

Your tax zones are correct? One for CA, one for US minus CA, maybe one for the rest of the world?

Your tax classes are correct?

Your tax rates are correct?

If all f the above are correct, then try Extra Table Rate http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,zone/page,2

Sorry, no.

Your zones are correct?

Your tax zones are correct? One for CA, one for US minus CA, maybe one for the rest of the world?

If all f the above are correct, then try Extra Table Rate http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,zone/page,2

One addendum

I assume that the zone rate has been installed in admin modules shipping?

Sorry, no.

Your zones are correct?

Actually, I don't kniw if they all are correct. I suspect not, otherwise, it would probably work. But the documentation wasn't particularly helpful. Can you tell me which database tables all of the above should appear in, and what it should look like? Or maybe give me an idea of what it should look like in the admin tool?

Thanks.

Actually, I don't kniw if they all are correct. I suspect not, otherwise, it would probably work. But the documentation wasn't particularly helpful. Can you tell me which database tables all of the above should appear in, and what it should look like? Or maybe give me an idea of what it should look like in the admin tool?

Thanks.

You don't need to look at the database tables, you just need to look at the areas I gave in admin.

Your countries are correct? Your states are correct? <----- if they are not there, try World_zones contrib

Your zones are correct? <------- set up by world zones

Your tax zones are correct? One for CA, one for US minus CA, maybe one for the rest of the world? <--- you set this up in admin

Your tax classes are correct? <----- you set this up in admin

Your tax rates are correct? <----- you set this up in admin

• 1 month later...

OK. I have the same problem. One shipping rate within CA and other for the rest of USA (but cannot be flat, because it is per item based).

When I read the help above it suggest to set up ZONES in TAX ZONES. OK. I did that, but how does it influance shipping? I thought that ZONE SHIPPING is based on COUNTRY CODES (US, CA).. how do I make ZONE SHIPPING work with STATES codes?

I am really lost and spent hours of time searching forums. I am probably missing something obvious, but really cannot get it.

• 3 months later...
OK. I have the same problem. One shipping rate within CA and other for the rest of USA (but cannot be flat, because it is per item based).

When I read the help above it suggest to set up ZONES in TAX ZONES. OK. I did that, but how does it influance shipping? I thought that ZONE SHIPPING is based on COUNTRY CODES (US, CA).. how do I make ZONE SHIPPING work with STATES codes?

I am really lost and spent hours of time searching forums. I am probably missing something obvious, but really cannot get it.

Check out this new contribution: Zone Shipping by State

Support for this contrib is here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=239938

-Skittles