• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding a new templete

toffee

Hi thanks for looking in,today i've added loads of prducts to my site i'm now thinking about changing the templete if i did this will i lose all my items ect in doing so.Please bear in mind that i'm a complete novice at this sort of thing so i don't want to risk it if it all goe's pear shape on me.Also if i did do this would i still have the same layout ect or would i need to start adding stuff to it thanks in advance toffee

Products you add to your website are stored in the database.

But what do you mean by changing the template? osCommerce doesn't come with a template system. You have several possible courses of action:

1. Install STS (Simple Template System from Contributions)

2. Install BTS (Basic Template System - from Contributions - not advisable for beginners).

3. Buy a commercial template or use one of the free templates available from the Contributions section.

Vger

Thanks for your reply m8,i was just thinking of changing the templete has it looks boring with the oscommerce templete on just want it to look more brighter than it is now.The only problem is i don't want to lose any of the other work i've alreay done on it

Archived