• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have two payment methods but only one of them

At admin I checked the credit card and cash on delivery payment methods, but when checking out I get only the credit card option.

This are the configurations:

Do you want to accept Cash On Delevery payments?

True

Payment Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.

NORTH

Set Order Status

Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value

Sort order of display.

Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

----------

Credit Card Info:

credit card number: 4111111111111111

expirapion time:

Enable Credit Card Module

True

Split Credit Card E-Mail Address

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Sort order of display.

What's the problem?

Most likely to do with your payment zone - you've set the cash option so it only works for customers located within the "NORTH" zone. If your address is within that zone, then I'd double-check the zone set-up to make sure it's kosher. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

How can I know if it's Kosher or not?

The customer choose it from a scrolling list, I also choose it at the admin payment, and aparently every thing looks ok. At least the system knows the zones exist.

Where do you sugest me to look?

Under Localisation you have Countries. For each country you also Zones (regions / counties etc). The zones must be the same as used in your shop e.g. for setting up an account (e.g. for UK it would e "UK / Norfolk"). If your address is "your country" / "north" when testing the checkout then you *should* be able to see the payment option.

I also had problems sometimes with sort order .... it's not scientific, but try changing it from "0" and "1" to "1" and "2" ... sometimes the system does not like "0", sometimes it doesn't like it if you have two modules with the same order number.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

If I choose Payment Zone=none then I get the cash on delivery, so probably it's a zone problem.

But I don't know how to fix it.

I added the zones as states on mysql, and installed "State list dropdown and US default country" contribiution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2148

to make them (the zones) abailable to the customer when checking in.

Some how "payment method" doesn't recognize them at checkout proccess, but do recognize them at admin.

What's missing?

Are your zones spelt exactly the same as your state drop-down? If I remember correctly osCom does not use the abbreviation but the full state name so your zones should be the same as your states both with the long state name & the short code (e.g. "New York" and "NY"). Terra

My zone code and zone name are diferent.

At drop-down the name appears (in admin->payment or checkin address), but after the customer choose the zone by name, the code is written at the shiping address.

I did'nt understand your answer. should I change the code or name, so both are the same word?

No sorry - what I meant was whether the zones and codes specified for opening an account are exactly the same as you have specified in your admin area under "Locations / Taxes -> Zones" for zones and codes. Hope that explains it better. Terra

Yes. They are the same.

By the way, thank you for your help.

If you, or anybody else has any suggestion,, I'll appreciate it very much. I am stuck and have no idea what to do.

I'm not an expert on Zones based payment, but with the COD module it does seem to mean that if you enable Zones based payment then both the zone that the store is located in and the zone the item is being shipped to must match up. There is only one option you can select for a Zone in the COD Module, and it wouldn't make sense for that Zone (State) to be different from the Zone the store is locatee in.

e.g. if your store is located in Florida then COD payment would only be accepted if the purchaser also lived with Florida - otherwise the option of COD wouldn't appear on the checkout payment page.

Vger

Archived