• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Server seems slow. Optimization problems?

kenle

Hi all,

My client has a oscommerce store and have around 1000 visits a day. His website is kind slow on the front end, but the admin side is very decent. At first, i thought the server is slow, but when I browse the admin side, it seems to work very good, loading pages fast. His oscommerce site is very heavy modified, so I am not sure some of the mods he have is bad code or not. The oscommerce runs on a VPS server which should handle this kind of traffic ok.

I also installed a fresh clean new oscommerce on this server too, and it runs fine. But I am not sure if it's because no one browsing it comapre to the live site.

Any experts here can point me where in the code i might look for optimization. What could possibly be the issue to slow down the website?

Many thanks

In my signature is a very good thread on optimizing websites. Other than that, honestly, I have no idea.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived