• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a Database Table

This topic sounds more appropriate for Installation and Configuration. However, it involves installing a contribution.

I'm attempting to create a database table according to the following instructions from the contribution:

2. copy information.sql to /tmp dir on your server and create database

table 'information' (file: 'information.sql').

cd /tmp

mysql -u USER -p OSCOMMERCE_DATABASE < ./information.sql

I copied the file into the temp directory. However, I'm unclear on the second half of the instruction. Is anyone familiar with the above command, and how to create the database table?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Goodebox

It is easier to access PHPMyAdmin, select your database, click the SQL tab, and select the information.sql file to upload.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

It is easier to access PHPMyAdmin, select your database, click the SQL tab, and select the information.sql file to upload.

DaemonJ, thanks for the info. It's greatly appreciated. However, my host doesn't provide PHPMyAdmin, and i'm having trouble installing it on my own. Is there another way???

It doesn't have to be phpMyAdmin, your host probably has another MySql GUI installed. It would be strange if either they don't have one or won't install one. You could install it yourself but you may need their permission first.

Failing that, you could download XAMPP or WAMP5 to your machine, both of which include phpMyAdmin. Then all you would need do is, back up your database and download it, create the same database within phpMyAdmin, run the .sql file, export the newly updated database, upload it to your backups directory in admin and finally restore it from admin.

Archived