• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Do I have to have a visible catalogue?

glazam

I'm configuring osc at the moment, and I have been asked to specify a catalogue.

I do not actually want one ... all I want is for the customer to see one product on one page - press an "Add to cart" button - carry on shopping - see another product on another page - add to cart etc.

... So my question is ... do I have to have a catalogue set up if I do not actually want one?

I hope someone can help ... and that I have made sense!

Thanks

Instead of creating categories, add your products to the top of the catalog.

You will indeed need to have a catalog though.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Instead of creating categories, add your products to the top of the catalog.

You will indeed need to have a catalog though.

Thanks for the quick response Jim.

... Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean.

At the moment I'm configuring the whole thing, and I've come to the "Categories/Products" bit. I presume that I have to have one category directory ... and put all my products into it. Does this mean that the present site pages I have (one painting on one page with price) are all of no use?

Perhaps, if you look at one of my pages on my site - www.ablot.com/discovery.htm you will see what I am trying to achieve ... what I want to do is to make it possible for a customer to buy more than one picture - therefore I would want to put an "Add to Cart" button (pretty much what I did with PayPal ... which I have removed)... this means that they can then see their cart and have the option to carry on shopping.

It could be that osc is just too "over the top" for me and maybe all I need is something a lot simpler ... any suggestions?

I visited your site and osCommerce would provide you with a lot more room for growth and provide improved functionality.

Your site currently has multiple categories that contain multiple products so my question is why do you not "move" your existing site to osCommerce?

BTW, nice works. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived