• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment via PayPal went thru, but IPN email kept reporting 'INVALID'

digicubemork

Can anyone tell me what probably caused this?

Our site uses PayPal Shopping Cart IPN v2.8. It has been working ok, until one customer reported us yesterday that he did experienced slow shopping and some hickup during process. However he successfully paid us via PayPal. The store owner got the acknowledgement email about the new fund from PayPal yesterday. But I, the webmaster, has non-stop been receiving the IPN acknowledgement email reporting that PayPal response: INVALID until today.

The weird part is that we both didn't receive 'Order Process' email from our site about that particular order at all.

After the store owner yelled at me asking how this happen, I did the testing myself a few times. Every order went fine, and still have never found such problem at all. :(

Anyone experienced this before? Welcome every guess. :) Please help.

Regards,

Thidarat

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, Mark. I'll spend tonight reading it. Hope to get some solution.

Regards,

Thidarat

I'm not sure of the cause. If there was anything other info in those debug e-mails, it might be worth posting in case others recognize anything specific.

Here's some old topics to read while you wait for better help :-"

IPN invalid threads