• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17799-IEOR/tomrowley.net/catalog/includes/configure.php:51) in /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17799-IEOR/tomrowley.net/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17799-IEOR/tomrowley.net/catalog/includes/configure.php:51) in /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17799-IEOR/tomrowley.net/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

I've just done a fresh install, but this message pops up everywhere! Can some please advise me what it means, and how to get rid of it!

Thank you :)

I had the same problem yesterday. VGER answered in the Quick Install Guide. Go to the bottom of the last page, number 571. This worked perfect for me.

Malcolm

can anybody please help me? I'm seriously baffled!

Thank you

Thanks Malcom for your responce, I followed the link and managed to delete some spaces (whitespace) after the final (and only) ?>

I have since uploaded the file, but the error message still occurs. Perhaps VGER could be able to shed some more light on this problem?

Thanks again,

Tom

"Headers already sent" is usually caused by 'white space' - blank lines or spaces before the opening or after the closing php tag. The file that needs to be edited is usally the file for the page you are on when the error occurs - and not the ones listed in the error message.

Vger

Hi Vger,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried removing the whitespace from index.php (of which there was some after ?>) but the error message still occurs. It is also coming up on all pages I check.

It was all working fine, until I tried to install the OSPlayer contribution.

The site is available at www.tomrowley.net/catalog if you'd care to look.

Thanks.

Tom

Archived