• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

includes/configure.psp

bill110

Sorry about this post I'm sure you have answered it before but I cant find the answer. I have changed permissions to 644 but still get the warning: "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/www/carolz-stylez.com/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

I dont have the option of 444. I also have no idea how to use .htaccess. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks in advance

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

If you are trying to change the file permissions via FTP and your site is hosted on a Windows server then this won't work. You'll need to edit the file permissions via the File Manager in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

If you are trying to change the file permissions via FTP and your site is hosted on a Windows server then this won't work. You'll need to edit the file permissions via the File Manager in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

It is a linux server and I changed it in the file manager. it even shows that the permission is 644.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

you should set the permissions to 400 or 444 only for the configure.php files

They do not have those permissions listed. only 700's and 600's.

My Contributions

Password Protect Admin

They do not have those permissions listed. only 700's and 600's.

I was able to get my host to change to 444. works fine now.

My Contributions

Password Protect Admin

Archived