• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Backups, the best way to?

shiftlocked

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what would be the best way to do a complete site backup say nightly for example? The idea is that id like to have a complete and easy backup system that I can roll back to if i make a mistake in one nights work.

I know you can download the site via ftp but is was wondering how you might say tar or gzip the entire site and then download that one file?

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Your hosting control panel might offer you a "wholesite backup" function - it backups everything and in the worst case scenario, you can re-install. I'm running this as a weekly cron job via my hosting control panel (backup goes to a different server / hosting account for added security). Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I remembered what I was trying to think of now. Its like zipping a file via online shell access

I went into my subdomain, thermaltech and then entered the following

tar zxf backup.tar.gz *

That then gives me one nice file to download with a backup of the files I have. Brilliant :D

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Archived