• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Panic - Secured Admin Files

charlesmacleod

Having found my host didn't provide .htaccess files without having to pay some silly sum ?150 I went looking on the web for an alternative and found http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/htaccess-generator.shtml great!

Now my files are so secure they don't recognise my password and I have effectively locked myself out. Went to find the files via ftp in admin which is where I put them and can't find them listed anywhere.

Anyone got any suggestions? The only one I can think of at the moment is give up and head for the wine bottle!

Cheers,

Jude

PS:- Think I might do the latter anyway!

I'd make a blank .htaccess file and upload it in there for starters, at least you'll be able to see your pages again

I'd make a blank .htaccess file and upload it in there for starters, at least you'll be able to see your pages again

Thanks.

After a night's sleep and a little pondering, I managed to access my files via my hosting control panel and deleted the .htaccess that I had installed so now I can access control panel but it is back to the drawing board to set up .htaccess that will allow me in as well.

Archived