• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Foreign customers are being shown different shipping options

I'm using the Table Rate method for shipping costs to US and Canada. I'm using Zone Rates for shipping costs to all other countries.

Problem is...when foreign customers proceed to checkout they're given the choice of either Table Rate OR Zone Rate and they're choosing the cheaper Table Rate method, which is supposed to be available to US and Canadian buyers only. How can I stop this?

I don't recall having this problem when I installed OSC a long time ago. If I remember correctly, a customer from France, for example, would only be shown the option for Zone Rate shipping when going thru checkout. And, customers from the US or Canada, would only be shown the Table Rate option.

It happens with both customers who have created accounts and those making a purchase without an account.

I wonder if it's somehow associated with the Purchase Without Account contribution I installed recently. I'm using PWA 0.91 and I've searched the support thread for answers but can't find any.

Can anyone help me?

create a tax zone that covers us/ca and then assign it to the particular shipping module. So unless the customer has a delivery address in the us/ca region these rates options will not show up.

Archived