• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two Basic Coding Questions

AllThingsTrendy

Would appreciate anyone who can provide answers to two basic coding questions:

1) On the create_account.php, I want to default the country select list to "United States". How can I do this?

2) On the create_account.php, I want to increase the size of the email address field so that customers can see the entire address as they type it in. How can I do this?

Thanks for php.101 instructions!!!

David

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Would appreciate anyone who can provide answers to two basic coding questions:

1) On the create_account.php, I want to default the country select list to "United States". How can I do this?

2) On the create_account.php, I want to increase the size of the email address field so that customers can see the entire address as they type it in. How can I do this?

Thanks for php.101 instructions!!!

David

I figured out the solution to the second issue. Yet, I can not figure out how to default the list of countries to "United States". Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

David

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

In includes/functions/html_output.php, edit the tep_get_country_list function definition header from:

function tep_get_country_list($name, $selected = '', $parameters = '') {

to:

function tep_get_country_list($name, $selected = '223', $parameters = '') {

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived