• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading a .doc file that can be downloaded by customers

rspading

Hi all,

I am very new to this site, and am a newbie in all ways to designing a website. I have read a lot of helpful contributions to this site, but have not seen my problem discussed. I am very hopeful someone may be able to assist me.

I am trying to find a way to upload an order form to my website for my customers to download. If anyone can help me with this project, I would be extremely appreciative of your time. If you don't mind, please keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience in web designing.

Thank you very much!!

People don't actually need to download an Order Form - online ordering is the whole point of osCommerce. Just use the Pay by Check/Money Order Payment Module and the customer will get a copy of their order by email, and you'll get a copy to.

Vger

Thanks for the quick reply, Vger. I really appreciate it. Here I am showing my ignorance. :)

I wonder, though, if osCommerce will allow one to post an order form. Reason being, my market at first will be the elderly, and I suspect they likely will not know how to use the internet at all, let alone wanting to order products online. Given that, at first I would like my site to be a method of allowing order forms to be downloaded, so these forms can be either mailed or faxed to me.

In time, as my business grows, I would like my osCommerce site to be a primary method of ordering. In the meantime, I will be building the website, and should have ample opportunity to develop a solid site. For right now, though, if it's at all possible through osCommerce to have a downloadable order form for the customers, that would be my initial focus.

I would be open to any suggestions. Thanks again!!

rspading

You say that you are catering to the elderly but feel that they would be better able to download a file and print it out rather than clicking an Add to Cart button on the product detail page and being walked through the checkout process.

I don't think you are giving your audience enough credit. If they were able to get to your site they can definitely get through the checkout process.

As for the order form, you could just put a download link right on the main page or in an infobox.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks a bunch, Jim!

I'll give it a shot, and if I have problems with that (gee, what are the odds), I'll be back next weekend with my begging for more assistance.

Thanks much, and have a great remainder of the weekend!

Rod

You say that you are catering to the elderly but feel that they would be better able to download a file and print it out rather than clicking an Add to Cart button on the product detail page and being walked through the checkout process.

I don't think you are giving your audience enough credit. If they were able to get to your site they can definitely get through the checkout process.

As for the order form, you could just put a download link right on the main page or in an infobox.

Archived