• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A cleverer person than me to help with a few snags!

madcrazygirl

Only started this week so doing my best lol but can't seem to get to bottom of couple of problems that I am hoping will be simple to most of you clever people:

http://danceshoes2u.com/catalog/

I have been trying to change the colours and having reasonable success but stuck with the little blue boxes at the corners? Anyone know where this is? I have scoured the stylesheet and drawn a blank so am wondering if elsewhere.

TEXT_MAIN oh dear managed to get this in my early php lessons and despite looking for it have failed to locate. Again anyone know where I would find?

many, many thanks x

Only started this week so doing my best lol but can't seem to get to bottom of couple of problems that I am hoping will be simple to most of you clever people:

http://danceshoes2u.com/catalog/

I have been trying to change the colours and having reasonable success but stuck with the little blue boxes at the corners? Anyone know where this is? I have scoured the stylesheet and drawn a blank so am wondering if elsewhere.

TEXT_MAIN oh dear managed to get this in my early php lessons and despite looking for it have failed to locate. Again anyone know where I would find?

many, many thanks x

The little blue boxes are images. You will need to download them, change colors and upload new. OR, just comment them out.

Text main is in includes/languages/english/index.php

Tim

No I have scoured that file for TEXT_MAIN and it does not exist :(

Other idea?

Regarding images sorry but I am brand new to this (only a week lol) so where do i even start to look for these please?

Looks like you have inadvertently deleted the TEXT_MAIN definition, which is why you can't find it... you need to place this in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php...

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Place your text here');

You will find the corner images in the catalog/images/infobox folder

Thank you, you are a hero!

I am only just learning how to deal with what is there and would have never worked out something that wasn't lol. I did that delete on my first foray into php and am being better behaved now :blush:

regarding images I have now discovered where they are but dont quite know how to deal with. can I just get rid of them somehow and the existing bar just continue accross?

so sorry to sound like some of those other unhelpful php gurus... but there is a thread somewhere that tells you what to do with these. I saved them to my pc, made them blank and then replaced them again with the new blank images. It might be in that long thread that stickied to the top? Your site looks good so far! :)

so sorry to sound like some of those other unhelpful php gurus... but there is a thread somewhere that tells you what to do with these. I saved them to my pc, made them blank and then replaced them again with the new blank images. It might be in that long thread that stickied to the top? Your site looks good so far! :)

Many thanks for kind words. Starting to feel bit inferior to all your great sites out there but will plod on lol

Archived