• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter selected by default

tec

hi there everyone, happy saturday :)

A client of mine would like to have the newsletter box checked by default when creating an account, how would i go about doing this?

I tried to check out the newsletter table in the DB, but it does not allow you to edit, browse, or anything actually.

Happy Saturday :)

In create_account.php , around line 482 find...

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

change it to

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1', 'true') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

That will make it checked by default.

hey there, thanks for the input, something is going on though, everytime i edit the file and reupload, it gos blank. No matter what i do to it.

Even if i just type the letter, like 's' for example, in one of the <td>'s the page comes up blank. I tried to edit the newsletter code, same thing, i tried moving the postal code info so it was under country, same thing.

I tried editing it in dreamweaver and notepad, but no matter what i do, when i try to upload, and refresh the page, it comes up blank :huh:

hiya there, I have been working on this site for awhile now, it just kind of happened out of nowhere, but I just tried it again and it seems to work ok now.

I am not quite sure what the problem was, as I did not change my method when i did the last upload.

Thank you again for your help on the newsletter, it is working now

now tackle the postal code :C)

Archived